The Australian Valuers Institute provides offers, discounts and services to individual and corporate members as follows:-
Join the Australian Valuers Institute (‘AVI’) to receive a very special membership offer. The AVI and RP Data have now joined forces to bring AVI Members a 10% discount on RP Data purchases – Australia wide. This means you can now access to all the data you need at this discounted price.
Product: Property Information Pro
Databases included in the Property Information Pro are:
- Property Sales database
- Current Market Information
Summary of key features:
- Property Sales database
- Unrestricted access nationwide
- Updated sales data weekly
- Comprehensive Sales History for up to five previous sales
- Expanded property details with information such as bedrooms, bathrooms, parking and photos where available, added on a daily basis
- User selectable search results views
- Ability to export data to external systems
- Ability to order custom branded reports for your offices use to fit any requirement
Current Market Information
- Unrestricted access nationwide
- Detailed property information including the listing agent and property description with photos
- Estimated days on market or days since first advertised depending upon the source of information
- Listing history details displaying status and price changes
- Ability to save your search criteria allowing you to quickly and easily re-run searches
- Ability to sort, customise and save your search results to suit your individual needs
• Unrestricted access nationwide
• Display dimensions and total area size on lots
• Ability to view images of properties
• Aerial and Satellite Imagery
• Google Street View
• Heat Maps that display recently sold properties and properties currently for sale and lease.
• Ability to manually zoom in and out to your desired level or automatically from a 500m to 250km radius
• Distance line tool that displays the distance in metres between two points showing either each section or the total distance
• Area measurement tool that displays the total area of any square, rectangle or polygon drawn on the map in sq. metres, sq. km, acres or hectares
• Ability to add for sale, sold, your office logo, or any other image to the map.
• Maps can be saved, printed, or copied and pasted into other applications.
• User definable radius search.
President’s Address to Members
The Australian Valuers Institute (AVI) is committed to all our existing and new members. The AVI is the only institution in Australia that has existed solely to serve the best interests of property valuers in NSW for over 77 years and we continue to do so. The AVI now has plans to build upon that history and expand, providing representation to valuers on a national basis. The AVI retains a name that is linked very closely to the provision of quality valuation services, upholding the highest professional standards in Australia for property valuations and the Institute is constantly called upon to recommend valuers in geographic locations all over Australia.
The AVI website continues to be a site that most consumers nationally and internationally hit when looking for valuation services all over Australia. Board members are constantly called to give recommendations for appointing valuers in other states. We would now like to extend this referral service to valuers throughout Australia who become AVI members.
The AVI allows membership of valuers from throughout Australia in conjunction with the review of the AVI Limited Liability Scheme the current Board of Directors are determined to enroll the AVI on a national platform whereby the AVI becomes the sole voice for the property valuation profession across Australia.
Operation of the AVI
The AVI is committed to our existing and new members and improving the professional standards and practice of the property valuation industry as a whole.
The provides help with costs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians who are studying or wishing to join the AVI. This assisatnce is aim to help ATSI people to meet the educational requirements for Certified Professional Valuer. This entitles recipients to exemption from all Certified Professional Valuer programs professional level segment fees and their first year of Certified Professional Valuer Australia membership free, at Associate level.
Limited Liability Scheme
The AVI is currently undertaking a review with the support of the Professional Standards Council of Australia and it is the AVI’s intention to renew our Scheme for better standards in our profession whilst protecting the consumer.
The AVI Board believes its role is to serve the best interests of property valuers through the dissemination of information, education, standards, representation and provision of networks and systems to refer valuation work.
The Board sees a correlation between the mentoring of students and new graduates as being vital in developing a strong industry and association. Given there are many valuers with many years of experience, we are seeking to tap that knowledge by developing a forum for networking with students or younger valuers. This is one way to share your knowledge and reduce risk in the industry.
The Way Forward
The AVI has expanded to a national operation, the Board of the AVI has given the support of the existing membership through a special resolution.
Risk Management Guidance
There are varying levels of awareness of AVI members about loss prevention/risk management issues and techniques, including the need for AVI members to understand the legal obligations they face in day-to-day practice.
The risk management guidance notes have been prepared to provide AVI members with an overview of risk management issues to be considered in relation to all aspects of AVI members’ practices with a view to increasing and heightening the levels of awareness of risk management. It is hoped that in reviewing these guidelines, AVI members will have a raised awareness in relation to these issues … read more