It is a requirement of membership that AVI members behave in a manner that reflects the AVI’s Constitution, Code of Ethics and Code of Practice.
Any person that believes, that in the course of business, an AVI member has not behaved in a manner as set out in the Constitution, Code of Ethics and Code of Practice, a formal complaint can be lodged.
It is expected however, that prior to the formal complaint being lodged with the AVI, that the complainant is given the opportunity for redress.
Once the form has been completed and the formal complaint lodged, it is forwarded to the AVI’s Complaints committee for investigation. Upon completion of the investigation a report will be complied and presented to the Board of Directors.
Should a member be found guilty of professional misconduct, they will be disciplined accordingly.
Please note that the AVI has no authority to request the complainant to provide monetary compensation.
The AVI’s Complaints and Disciplinary Procedure provides an outline of the processes followed when dealing with a formal complaint.
Please read the procedure prior to lodging a complaint.
To submit a complaint, please complete the Complaints Form. You will need to:
- Provide as much detail as possible
- Note the breaches in professional conduct which occurred. Referencing the sections from the AVI’s Constitution, Code of Ethics and Code of Practice
- Provide details as to why you think the above sections were breached
- Provide any evidence that supports your claim
- Provide any correspondence between yourself and the complainant, which occurred prior to the formal complaint being lodged.
Should you have any queries regarding a complained lodged or wish to discuss the complaints process, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 748 506 or via email on email@example.com
Please note that if legal proceedings are currently being undertaken, the AVI will postpone any further investigations until the results of the case are released.