The Australian Valuers Institute
The Australian Valuers Institute was founded in 1938 and is the only Australian based industry body which solely represents valuers. Our Institute aims to uphold the ethical standards of the valuation profession through ensuring that our members render services to their clients with integrity, honor and professionalism whilst acting impartially, objectively and in adherence with the International Valuation Standards when providing independent advice.
The AVI’s main functions are:
- Fostering professional excellence amongst members through education, accreditation, publication and other services with an emphasis on professional ethics to protect the public;
- Establishing and maintaining principles of valuation practice and a code of ethics for the guidance of our members;
- Providing valuation education to practicing valuers;
- Awarding professional designations to qualified members;
- Striving for universal recognition that members are objective, unbiased valuers and consultants of values;
- Promoting the exchange of ideas and experiences among members;
- Assisting the general public, businesses and professionals with finding an AVI valuer who would be best suited to their needs
The AVI is associated with the highest level of professionalism and is a dynamic institute that is simply unmatched in the field of valuation. AVI valuers work with both private and public partners and reflect the highest industry standards in their work. All of our members are required to be certified according to the highest professional standards. AVI members perform a wide range of valuations which include residential, commercial, government and business valuations.
The AVI has long facilitated the appointment of qualified Certified Property Valuers and Retail Specialist Valuers in commercial lease rental determinations, rental disputes, rent reviews and a multitude of other areas of valuation. Commercial lease rental determinations valuations often involve the valuation of office spaces, industrial units, workshops and warehouses, retail shops (including those situated in shopping centres and those situated outside of shopping centres), storage sheds, working yards, and valuations of other non-residential property.
Current Board Members of the AVI include:
- Paul Waterhouse (Chairman)
- Madura Perera
- Patrick Anderson
- Michel Hermiz
- Vincent Romeo
- Anthony Marchese
- Jarrad Khoury